CMPT 471 -- Computer Networking II
This is an advanced undergraduate course in networking. Detailed discussion of various network protocols and architectures will be covered, especially the TCP/IP protocol suite and the design of the Internet. The course involves multiple programming projects and measurement labs. It also includes reading articles about recent topics and trends in networking.
- Piazza Course Page (for discussion)
- Instructor: Wednesday, 12:30-1:30 PM On Zoom
- [KR17] Computer Networking: A Top-down Approach, Kurose and Rose, 7th edition, 2017.
- [PD19] Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Peterson and Davie, 6th edition, 2019. Available Online.
- [Du19] Computer and Internet Security: A Hands-on Approach, Du, 2nd edition, 2019. (Recommended, Available in the SFU Library)
Grading (Tentative, minor adjustments may be done)
- Projects & Problem Sets: 50%
- Exams: 50%
- Students must score at least 50% on the exams to pass the course.