Unless otherwise announced, Tuesday lectures are cancelled and moved to CSIL for work time/office hours.
Thursday lectures as-scheduled.
Greg: Tuesday 11:00–12:00 and Friday 10:30–12:20 in TASC1 9229, and Tuesday 13:30–15:00 in CSIL.
TAs: Logan and Ipsita, office hours Tuesday 13:30–15:00 in CSIL.
Email help: questions to firstname.lastname@example.org only, please.
- Weekly exercises: 12 × 3.5% = 42%
- Project: 13%
- Quizzes: 2 × 7.5% = 15% (on Tuesday October 08 2019 and Tuesday November 05 2019)
- Final exam: 30% (on Tuesday December 10 2019)
To get credit for this course, I expect you to demonstrate that you know how to use programming techniques to manipulate and analyse data. That means:
- A pass on the weighted average of the stuff where you demonstrate programming ability: exercises + project.
- A pass on the weighted average of the stuff where we know for sure you're doing the work yourself: quizzes + final exam.
Failure to do these may result in failing the course.